Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Recap

I've seriously neglected this blog for no reason other than I haven't made the time to sit down and compose something. Which is kind of sad because 2012 was an amazing year on so many levels.

I log my workouts over on BeginnerTriathlete.com and here are the numbers for 2012:

Bike:128h 33m 25s  - 1741.45 Mi
Run:134h 51m 26s  - 630.09 Mi
Swim:31h 34m 36s  - 81090 Yd
Strength:28h 39m
Aerobics:40m
Aqua Jogging:15m
Elliptical Training:12m
Kettlebell:1h 59m
Kickboxing:24m
Pilates:1h 00m
Plyometrics:10m
Rowing:24m
Stairmaster:25m
Walking:30m
Yard Work:1h 00m
Yoga:4h 00m 45s

The bike volume is very low, which I would attribute to more mountain biking and less road riding. Oh, and to general apathy as well.  I suffered mightily for this in October at the Rev3 Half Full Triathlon in Columbia, Maryland. Was it worth it? Absolutely. Did I learn anything? You bet I did.

In December I completed my very first cyclocross race at the Miller Chill CX in Bloomington, IL. It was a rainy, muddy day and I was hooked immediately.

I am firming up my list of events for 2013. Carved in stone are the Women's Midwest Mountain Bike Clinic and Rev3 Colonial Williamsburg HIM. Other than those two events, the calendar is pretty open.







2 comments:

Ransick said...

Looks like another solid year of training Anne! I'm always impressed when I swing by your BT blog at how consistent you are. Here's to a great 2013!

Kate Geisen said...

Yea for more mountain biking! I was thinking about you the other day while I showed my sister-in-law around the trails on our mountain bikes. We need to hang out again this year! :)

I'm going to check that date for the womens mtb clinic. I really want to go.