Sunday, October 30, 2011

Well, it's been over a month since my last post. Once the race season wound down, my motivation took a nose dive and I just kind of stopped. The tri bike is propped against the wall, about to be affixed to the trainer, where it will reside until spring. My road bike has made a few brief appearances, notably a 60 mile ride in September and then a 30 mile ride three weeks later. And swimming...what is that? Oh yeah, I guess I should hit the pool once in a while.
I did run a half marathon in late September -- the Quad Cities Half to be exact, and I really enjoyed the experience since it was a new race for me, and a well run one at that. And I surprised myself by PRing by a minute. Still a slow pace but slightly "less slow".  Maybe it's true about cross training being the best thing you can do for your running, because since my 70.3 in July, I had pretty much quit running altogether.
Now that the weather is turning mean, I'm falling in love all over again with mountain biking.
Oh, and I turned 50. And I'm cool with that, although lately when I see a photo of myself, it's more like I am looking at a picture of my mom, and that always catches me by surprise.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Happy birthday, and congratulations on the PR!

Mike said...

I'm with you on really enjoying mountain biking for a change of pace. The time off of structured training has been nice too. Just about time to get back at it.

Prasetyo said...

Nice blog posting. I'm just blogwalking and very interesting to stop here and read your post. I like this.

But, dont forget to give us your comment into my blog ya.

Thanks for share.